Sunday 21 January 2018

Last 2 Buildings Painted

I have finished painting and detailing the last 2 MDF structures: Sarissa's Precision's CityBlock Corner Store and CityBlock Shop (with extra floor). If  time allows I think I will go back and paint the the window and door frames in different colours. There are a few more bits of signage that may make it onto the buildings but at this point I am pleased with them.
Sadly, most of the decals I bought off ebay turned out not to be waterslide transfers (despite the auction description); in fact, they were not really "decals" at all. They look great, but I had to cut them out and glue them onto the buildings- not as nice as transfers.
(new 3000 lumen work light makes it look like a bright sun-shiney day!)
The A&P supermarket:





Generic variety store (sadly, no name...):
 Quality candy...
 and cheap smokes!

Most of the table details haven't arrived yet. In fact, I just received notice that an order I placed before Christmas was just shipped earlier this week...


7 comments:

  1. It's looking fantastic. You'll probably end up with people scrambling to join your game at salute. Shipping seems to take a brutally long time lately. I'm not sure if it's due to the big shipping bankruptcy just under a year ago, or what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope there's some scrambling to join the game(s).

      Delete
    2. Pulp Alley games seem to be pretty popular. I think if the table looks as sharp as this is portending you should get full rosters of players.

      Delete
  2. I just noticed the urls for your other blogs are incorrect at the top right of your page. I think they are missing colons after the http....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments Dave. Shipping bankruptcy??? I missed that... Thanks for the heads up on the links; I will fix that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanjin went bankrupt. Aug/Sept 2016, longer ago than I thought. Huge shipping firm....tooks months and months to sort out the mess and backlog. There's this huge glut of shipper capacity so nobody is making money. One of the things they've been doing is running the boats slower to save on fuel.

      Delete
  4. That is fascinating... I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete